Smoke from the Canadian wildfires continues to affect our air quality.
Smoke can cause:
- scratchy throat
- irritated sinuses
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- stinging eyes
- runny nose
Click HERE for the 6/27/2023 press release from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
The best way to avoid wildfire smoke is to stay indoors. Be sure to:
- close windows and doors.
- run air conditioning on recirculate.
- if you do not have air conditioning, go to a cooling center (listed below).
- use an indoor air purifier.
If you must spend time outdoors:
- Check air quality conditions before leaving the house and throughout the day.
- Avoid or limit exercising outdoors.
- Consider wearing an N95 mask.