winter illness guide
Colds, flus and other illnesses are more common in the winter months. People are inside more often and viruses can spread more easily in dry air.
You can help protect your family from getting sick with RSV, COVID-19, flu and other illnesses using these tips:
- Stay home when you are sick. This includes work, school, daycare and other activities.
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Stay up to date on COVID-19 and flu vaccines.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Keep your hands off of your face.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces.
- Improve ventilation in your home.